Thursday, April 23, 2009

DOES ANYONE KNOW ENGLISH????

There’s Twitter and MySpace and Facebook and chatroom after chatroom, besides your regular emails where you can say whatever you want however you want to say it. Because of this, it has come to my attention that nobody can write (or speak) proper English anymore Here all these people complain about Mexicans crossing the border, but they can speak English better than most of the Americans I have been reading. It’s pathetic. Besides the abbreviations, which you have to spend an hour figuring out, there is a question of grammar. It’s like these chatters are saying, ‘who cares if my grammar sucks. I’m so important that however I say it is okay.” (Of course, they would actually be writing it in abbreviations and more like –“ IDC, TBFU, I can say whatever I want.”

Phooey, I tell you!! We have created an entire culture of narcissistic, entitled idiots who do not know a verb from an adjective and don’t even talk to them about subject and predicate. They’ll never get that. It's bad enough that our educational system has gone down the tubes with kids graduating from high school with a perfunctory ability to read and write these days and having to go to a Community College to take a remedial writing class before they can take a college course. But, when they say things like “I HAD WENT…” Oh, save me. This phrase makes me want to pick up my Strunk and White and slap someone across the head with it.

For those of you who think this is correct English, think again. Try I had gone, he had gone, you had gone, or you went, we went, they went. You don’t use had with went. Where did you learn to say this??? . I even heard some teacher using the phrase, ‘he had went’ on tv the other day. I am going to puke. Nobody corrects them. Every statement, no matter how inane or incorrect is just accepted.

This is not okay, I tell you. IT’S NOT OKAY. You sound stupid. Your family sounds stupid. You make everyone around you look stupid. Your friends must be stupid too. Learn how to speak, read and write English correctly!!! If not, I am going to had went crazy!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home